Monday, December 8, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Movie



I kind have forgotten the blogging world for the last month or so, but I’m slowly coming back.

If you are looking for a great fun Christmas Movie this year, look no further…

Stalking Santa is, by far, my favorite holiday movie of all times. It’s NOT sentimental like “It’s a Wonderful Life”. It’s NOT nostalgic like “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” It’s not even a classic like “A Christmas Story”.

Stalking Santa is in a category all its own. Made locally, it is surprisingly well done, hilarious, and charming. It’s a mocumentary. (Like a documentary, but totally fake and totally funny.)

The movie is narrated by William Shatner. It’s about a man who is obsessed with Santa and is determined to prove he exists! He makes sure his kids are “extra” good so that Santa will come. He collects rare “evidence” of Santa’s existences and even has a moment of discouragement when he discovers Christmas presents his wife has bought for the kids, “just in case” Santa doesn’t come.

I think the library has a copy, but the movie is only $12 on Amazon. If you want to borrow my copy, I am happy to lend it out—I’ve already watched it twice this season. And if you have seen it I would love to hear your thoughts, I’m curious if anyone else thought it was as funny as I did.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm definitely going to need to watch this one... I'm a huge fan of any new Christmas movie!

Anonymous said...

That looks so funny! Can't wait to see it

The Ingebretsen's... said...

I watched this movie about a month ago and it was pretty funny!!!

Sabine Berlin said...

Being the alien lover that I am my favorite part is the whole Santa/Roswell part! LOL

shauna said...

Sounds great! Hey, we are coming to Utah for Christmas. I would love to chat with you, even if we can't meet up in person!