Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Austenland by Shannon Hale Now in Paperback



If you're looking for a fun quick book to read this is an absolute! Besides having a darling cover, the paperback is affordable and easy to carry around.

I love this book!I read the whole thing in about four hours, and it is one of the few books that I laughed out loud and left a review on Amazon. Here is my review

This book was an absolute pleasure to read - a guilty pleasure - like chocolate on a diet. Satisfying in an almost sinful way. Shannon Hale has an incredible ability to create realistic characters that you can't help but fall in love with. Her narrative is beautiful, romantic, and oh so witty. (I laughed out loud several times, "The man deserved to be spited. Or spitted. Or both." HA! Austenland pg. 83) This is a perfect read for all of us Mr. Darcy fans that need a quick fix. The book can be read in about the time it takes to watch the BBC version and is equally, (dare I say) if not more enjoyable. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love for Jane Austen, a great sense of humor, and a need for a fun romantic get away!

Also check out her new graphic novel Rapunzel's Revenge. The cover alone looks awesome! (Can you tell I love Ms. Hale. If there is one writer I want to be like it is her!)

3 comments:

Don Renax said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don Renax said...

Ciao, sono Don Renax dall' Italia, ho letto il tuo profilo e devo dire che abbiamo delle cose in comune, e volevo condividerle, anche io adoro Hayao Miyazaki soprattutto Mirai Shonen Conan e Rupan sansei: Kariosutoro no shiro (in google trovi i riferimenti nella tua lingua).
Anche io come te adoto Terry Brooks in particolare la saga di Shannara.
Spero di non averti importunata e di avere una tua risposta, il mio indirizzo mail, se mi vuoi scrivere รจ locandiere@gmail.com.
Ciao

Sabine Berlin said...

Love the new layout! Love Austenland! Love the previous comment in Italian nonetheless!Love it all! I definitely need to read Austenland again. I love hardbacks, but yeah for cheaper paperbacks!