Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Sonnett


Today my longest friend (of 20 years) turns 30!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONNETT

Don't you love the picture. It's Sonnett and me in 5th grade. (Yes, my maiden name is Alyson Ingebretsen)

So here are 30 things that you probably didn't know about Sonnett, (well a lot of people who read my blog don't really know anything about this awesome lady, so you'll find this extra fascinating!)

1) Sonnett's mother went into labor while watching Monty Python... that really says it all--but I'll go on.
2) I was in third grade the first time I met Sonnett and I thought her name was "Socket". (I had never heard of a sonnet before) and I thought that was a really weird name.
3) When I found out her real name I still thought it was weird and I never dreamed she was someone that would be my friend
4) I was violently jealous of her in third grade because she had a larger barbie doll collection than me, (I had the most of all my friends before she moved in)
5) In fifth grade we sat by each other because we didn't know anyone else in class. That's was the start of a beautiful friendship and the best year of school of my life!
6) During that year we co-wrote our first novel together, (about 100 pages)
7) Her house was so cool because it had a wall that opened up into a secret room.
8) We wanted to be Rock Stars. Our band's name was "The Florescents"
9) Sonnett always has been, and always will be one of my all time favorite singers. Her voice is incredible!
10)She has the most beautiful hands and finger nails of anyone I have ever known.
11) She has stunning large brown eyes, and because of her I think blond hair and brown eyes is the most beautiful combination ever.
12) We were nerds in fifth grade. (She wore a head-gear and glasses) It was awesome.
13) She can do a cool little twitch with her nose that pushes her glasses up when they fall.
14) So far, our most bitter fight happened in fifth grade. No one will ever understand the torment either one of us experienced over this issue, nor the passion with how strongly we felt it. The fight was over fairies, and whether or not they wear clothing.
15)She is an amazing reader.
16) All the great music I love was introduced to me by her.
17) She moved to California in sixth grade, but our friendship survived all these years through letters, phone calls, and lengthy visits.
18) We are very similar and so, at times, we drive each other crazy, but in the end we are always best friends.
19) We will sometimes go months without contact and then we can pick right up as if time had stood still.
20)The summer before eighth grade she started writing a novel, (which ended up being over 1,000 pages) Wanting to be just like her I did the same.
21) She has elegant handwriting
22) She is an amazing artist (as I have already ranted and raved about)
23) She is the oldest of four children
24) She has Bohemian-gypsy bones in her.
25) She understand my love with food, and understands completely if I say the words, M&M cookies, Carmel popcorn, Cocoa Krispies, French Bread and Sparkling Apple Cider
26) Everyone in her family is an amazing singer, her mother even has a CD out (Gypsy Bones)
27) We went to college together, but weren't as close during that time as we have been at other times in our life.
28) She understands my love affair with two-dimensional, fictional characters, especially those of Anime origin.
29) She spins her own yarn, knits, sews, and I just recently learned she sculpts too!
30)Last, but not least, she agrees with me that Broadway stars are way cooler than Pop stars!

Thanks for being such a great friend for the past 20 years. Here's to another twenty more. Love you a lot, have a wonderful 30th birthday.

4 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

Happy Birthday, Sonnett. Although we have never met, I feel I know you by how much Aly talks of you. Have a great one!

sonnett said...

Thank you Sabine, I feel like I know you too!

Don't we rock in that photo! ^_^ heheheh Love that side braid hairstyle and the thick glasses. Awesome.

Really though, Aly, this made me smile and laugh. So many good memories.

Cheers to 20 years! (sends mental martinelli's and french bread)

Love Always,
Sonnett

shauna said...

Ah! Fabulous...I love that girl too:)

Holly said...

So...a fight about fairies huh? How funny! What a nice tribute for your friend's birthday!
FYI we changed our blog address to
http://littlesugarlotsofspice.blogspot.com/