Monday, December 10, 2007

Lots of Love for Shannon Hale

I just finished Book of a Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale. So this book just solidified my opinion of Shannon Hale as being one of my all time favorite writers. Why do I love her. Because her books are everything I’ve ever wanted in a fairy tale, told in novel form. And her novels are short, and easy to read. There isn’t too much to think about when you read them. There are good people and bad people and you always love the main character. Yes I love a good thick book that makes you think about what’s wrong and right, I love a novel that is intense and you have to slowly digest over a period of time. But every now and then I want a book that I can just sit back, drink it up, giggle and fall in love in just a few short hours. Shannon Hale’s books do that for me. She also writes so beautifully, and lyrical. If I could imitate any writer it would defiantly be her. She writes the way I wish I could write, and she writes story’s I wish to write. No wonder I love her. Her book, Austenland was like that as well. Fun, easy, and completely romantic. Like chocolate. If there ever was a book I could compare to chocolate, it would be one of Shannon Hale’s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all of her books..I would dream about Goose Girl for weeks after I finished it. Definitely one of my favorite writers