Monday, November 10, 2008

Nana not so Wrimo


I admit, I'm slacking on my writing for the month. I've been having a huge case of writer's block, as in I don't like my story any more. I loved it for a little bit, but now it's not enjoyable, which means one thing... time to write something different, But every time I start writing crazy thoughts start coming into my head. What if this story gets boring.... what if I can't really write anymore... what I never could write in the first place... what if I've been deceiving myself for years that I was a writer and the truth is I really suck.

I'm not certain what's brought on all these insecurities at this time, or why I'm really listening to them. Whatever is causing it it's really annoying. Hopefully the words will start flowing again, I'm not use to writer's block so I don't' handle it very well. Go away stupid dumb writer's block!!

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Ugh! I've had those same demons rolling around inside my head, too. I'm waaay behind, but come on! Let's not give up! Nobody ever has to see it. It doesn't have to be good. It'll feel great to just accomplish it! Dont' give up!

Sabine Berlin said...

The best thing about Nano is I can sit for hours and write crap! If I spent this much time writing on a regualr basis I woud be making sure it was wonderful, editing till it was just right. But once a year I get to just type away stupid things till my heart is content. Change your story, write waht you want and it probably will suck (I say that to make myself feel better) but that is what Nano is for. BTW There is no way I am getting 50,000 words so lets just plan on custard night anyhow!

Beth said...

If you are having trouble finding your inner Muse, why don't you write something inspired by your dad? I know you write a lot of fantasy, but maybe switching genres will also give you a boost. They always say, "Write about something close to your heart." You are a good, creative, entertaining writer! Don't give up!

Tricia said...

Get away from it... go do something that inspires you... a movie, a play, or just sit over a lookout somewhere (maybe take hubby with you - that could be inspiring *Ü*). Forget about it and come back to it... I'm sure you're a great writer. Hey, I love your blog and you write on here!

Dani said...

Don't give up! You never know what might come out of trying. Keep up the good work! You are awesome!