Friday, January 11, 2008

New glasses and new hair


So I just got new glasses. Well, I’ve always had glasses so I should say that I just got new frames. But I’m a contacts girl. I only wear glasses at night, or when I’m sick, or if I’m really late and don’t have time to put in my contacts, (but that’s like not brushing my teeth) So, I don’t really get my glasses prescription updated very often. (My last prescription was over five years ago) So lately I’ve noticed that I can’t see with my glasses anymore and finally decided, since we do have vision insurance, to break down and get a new pair.

Personally, I think my glasses are adorable. My daughter hates them—so much that when I showed them to her she was worried my hubby would divorce me because my glasses were so ugly. (She thinks they look like Penny’s Mom from Hairspray) I couldn’t help but laugh, which only made her more angry.

Anyway, I’ve started wearing them a little more, because I think they are so cute, and I actually see better in them then I do with contacts, (since I have a slight astigmatism) Well, since my glasses aren’t “fashion” according to my daughter, she told me if I was going to wear them I needed to get a new “fashion” hair style to go with them. I agree. I want to/need to get my hair done. Some highlights and a cute bob would be simply fabulous! Well, she wasn’t thinking that. She felt that she needed to do my hair. So I let her.

You can view the results in the picture. Aren’t I lucky? Who needs professional hairstylist when you have kids!

4 comments:

Holly said...

WOW! You look amazing! How fun for her to have such a wonderful, understanding mother! Your glasses are super cute by the way!!!

Anonymous said...

Sydney noticed and thought they were very cute! I do too :-)My aunt said wait until your daughters are teenagers and then brace yourself for their opinions!

Tennille said...

The new glasses are very cute. Seeing your "new" hairdo reminds me of when we used to make my aunt sit for hours while we did her hair. Good times. :)

Sabine Berlin said...

I love the glasses!
PS notice that I finally made it to your blog page! Some friend I am, but you are a favorite now!