Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring Cleaning update—and why you wish Sabine was your best friend

Two solid days of cleaning have yielded a spotless bedroom, closet and bathroom, 4 large bags to the D.I. and seven, (yes, 7) big bags of garbage. (It’s a good thing it’s garbage day today!) Every nook and cranny in my bathroom/bedroom/closet is spotless. You could eat off my toilet…not that you would want to. But it is that clean. Every blind, every baseboard, ever inch of crown molding has been scrubbed. It feels awesome and open. I forgot how huge my closet is. It looks so fabulous I had to take pictures, (you know I'm a true blogger when I'm taking pics of my closet and toilet for my blog!)

don’t you love my expensive, custom-made, designer curtains? They look like bed sheets hanging in the window, but they're not....really

My clutter-free closet

My sparkling toilet

My gorgeous tub

My guck-free window sill

I’m so proud of myself, but then I realized, it took two days, and I hoped to do the whole house over spring break. Hmm, not going to happen. But hopefully I can at least get the upstairs done.

So, let me tell you about one of the many advantages of having a good friend named Sabine Berlin. Knowing my daunting task of wanting to deep clean my house she came over Monday and offered to help. Our kids entertained each other while she washed my blinds, and scrubbed, (literally) all the guck out of my window sill. (You know, that black guck that builds up over time). She washed windows, my toilet and floor boards. And if that wasn’t enough on Tuesday, she took my kids to her house so I could have some uninterrupted cleaning time. She didn’t have them for an hour, or even two. No, she kept them for SIX loooong hours. Then to top it all off, she is watching my kids for me over the weekend so that my husband and I can have a much needed night away. (I secretly hope she never moves, I don’t know what I’ll do when she does!)

Well, I don’t really have much time to blog, I still have two more bed rooms, another bathroom, a linen closet and hallway to go clean. In the meantime the rest of my house is falling apart. So if you happen to come over this week, just go up to my bedroom and ignore everything else. Thanks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how when you deep clean certain areas the rest goes to pot! It really does make a bigger mess to begin with. It looks awesome though :-)

kingwritergirl said...

Oh, and I did want to make a quick disclaimer for anyone wondering. I do clean my bathroom on a regular basis, (well maybe not as often as some, but it does get clean on occasion) But I rarely do the baseboards, blinds, windows, take a toothpick along the rim of toilet base, open the top and clean out the toilet tank type of cleaning.

Becca said...

Way to Go!!! I need to do the same thing! It's funny a neighbor called asking if he could come use our internet for a minute and our computer is in our bedroom, so that is the fastest mad dash clean I have done in a while! And then he called and changed his mind! Oh! I don't know if cleaning will do much good for me. It just makes me want nicer things like newer carpet or newly painted walls. Maybe it's better if I can't see them!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

It looks great! When can Sabine come to my house? ;)

Sabine Berlin said...

I'm flattered, but you left out that you are my chocoalte and cherry coke supplier....When I need a fix I would do anything:)!

Hassingers said...

Wow, it looks great. When your done come on over. :) Sabine is great!!

Dani said...

Way to go!! You tackled a lot in a couple of days. No small task!

Maria said...

A big cleaning has been on my to-do list for probably a year now... oh well! Glad you got to it!