Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Movie clips

I had to join in the fun and post some of my favorite movie clips of all time. It was hard to pick only a few and I realized I might need to go watch some of these movies now and get them out of my system.

First up is Howl's Moving Castle. I ended up putting two scenes from this movie because I remembered just how desperately in love I am with Howl. What is it with two-dimensional anime men? I can't help but fall in love! This first scene is intensely romantic. It is one of the opening scenes in the movie and it can’t help but make you fall in love with Howl. Who wouldn’t want a wizard like this to save them?


My second clip is, by far, the funniest scene in Howl’s Moving Castle. Understand that it is about a girl who has been transformed by a witch and turned into an old woman. She is struggling to break her curse and has to deal with this selfish wizard that only cares about his own good looks. Love it!

OK, I had to include something from Grave of the Fireflies, because I think it is the saddest movie I have ever seen in my life. Since I couldn’t post the whole movie, and there isn’t just one scene over all the others that I love most, here is a montage of several scenes. The movie is about two young children trying to survive on their own in Japan during WWII.

Finally I had to include the ballroom scene from Labyrinth. Who knew that lipstick and eye shadow could look so incredible on a man? I’ve watched and diagnosed this scene far too many times; I find it interesting that it’s one of the few scenes in the movie that there are no puppets, only humans.

Thanks Kami for letting us do this. I hope others join the fun, I would love to see your favorite scenes!

3 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I am glad you joined in, Alyson! Wow...the labrynth, that is a blast from the past.

Beth said...

Ohh! That sounds like fun! I think I"ll do that, too!

Anonymous said...

You gotta be kidding me! My Transformer can kick Howl's butt anyday....my favorite movie clip is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le9QL26f-Uw