Thursday, February 14, 2008

I heart my husband

This is a picture of me and Jason on one of our first dates.

11 years ago Jason asked me on our first date. It was Valentine’s Day, he wanted to take me snowmobiling around the mountains of Cedar City. He had made all the arrangements, rented the snowmobiles, had dinner plans—everything.

I told him no. I thought he was a nerd, and I had a boy friend at the time, and I was hoping that boyfriend would propose on Valentines day. To my good fortune the boyfriend didn’t propose and Jason didn’t give up.

The next date Jason asked me on I said no again, because I still had the boyfriend. As luck would have it the boyfriend dumped me before Jason asked me again. (This boyfriend wanted to go to doctoral school and didn’t feel he could do that with me as his wife… ha! Ironically my husband is in doctorate school)

The third date Jason asked me on I said yes, but I was so depressed about my break up I was going through I completely forgot about it and stood him up. Amazingly enough he was still interested in me. I must have been really hot, or he was really desperate…I like to pretend it was the first one.

Finally we went out on our first date two months after Valentine’s Day. Three weeks later he proposed. I said no. (I mean, I was only eighteen) He asked again, I said no. A week later I knew I was supposed to marry him and told him to ask me one more time. He did. I said yes. Three months later we were married. Now every Valentines Day we think about that lost snowmobile trip that started it all. If only I had known then what I know now, how truly amazing my husband is—and when he gets his mind set on something there is nothing, and I mean nothing, that will hold him back.

I love you Jason! Happy Valentines Day

8 comments:

Juliana said...

What a fabulous story!! I loved reading it!

Mariah said...

Wow. You two look like babies :) That's so cute that he was so persistent and knew he wanted to propose!

kingwritergirl said...

I feel like such an idiot. Yes I do know the differance in spelling wither purpose and propose. Actully spelling is my greatest hinderance! Hopefully the story wasn't too confusing.

Tennille said...

What a great picture!

Holly said...

That is such a great story! Good thing Jason was persistent! You guys age really well!

Gail said...

Besides being a little taller, you guys look the same. I love the story, thanks for sharing with us.

J Glazier said...

Cute Pic, you do look like babies just like we did when we got married. Love the story, you married a persistent man!

Laura Lee said...

Great Story!! I remember hearing you tell that story about 8 years ago in church - but enjoyed it even more the second time!!