Monday, July 28, 2008

30 of my biggest fears

You are enjoying Alyson King’s ultimate, 30 days of 30 lists with 30 facts about her…

Age 12. This picture makes me laugh, simply because I felt so popular in my "cool" outfit, and crimped hair. Love it!

1. I’m scared I’m a bad writer, and no one will tell me the truth. But I love it too much to stop.

2. I’m worried that people think I’m dumb

3. I get scared thinking about where I would be if I hadn’t married my husband.

4. I terrified of some kind of disaster happening and not being close to my kids when it does.

5. I’m terrified of earthquakes!

6. I am scared of being in the car with my kids and falling into a river, and not being able to get them out.

7. I have a reoccurring dream of my kids drowning

8. I am scared of spiders, but not bees

9. I’m scared of rats, but not bats

10. I’m scared that people think less of me because I’m overweight

11. I’m so scared that my children will need me and I won’t be there for them

12. I have a weird phobia of calling people on the phone. (If I call you, know that it took some time for me to muster the courage)

13. I’m scared of ghosts, but I love them too.

14. I’m scared of my playroom 90% of the time.

15. I’m literally terrified of being poor, and worry that someday I will be really poor just so I can learn to cope with it.

16. Laser eye surgery frightens me, but I really want to get it down.

17. Any kind of plastic surgery freaks me out.

18. I’m scared of losing my husband

19. I’m worried I’ll get cancer someday. But I don’t do too much to prevent it

20. I’m really worried that oneday I will turn into one of those extremely obese people that you see on TV, that have to be lifted out of their house with a crane…. I really am afraid of that.

21. I’m scared of dying young and leaving my children before they are grown.

22. Did I mention the fear of spiders! Even if I kill one I think it might jump up and bite me.

23. I worry a lot about hurting people’s feelings

24. I worry my children will resent me and need years of therapy to deal with the childhood I’m giving them. (but I think there’s not much I can do, I’m trying my best)

25. I’m scared of failing as a mother, and as a writer (I know I’ve already failed as a housekeeper, so I don’t worry about that one anymore)

26. I’m scared I won’t be able to have more children

27. I’m scared of having more kids, (right now)

28. I don’t think I could ever parachute out of a plane, I’m too frightened of heights

29. I’m scared of farting in public and having people know it was me! How embarrassing!!

30. Just so we’re clear, I’m terrified of spiders.

4 comments:

Juliana said...

You and I share a lot of anxieties! The whole spider thing is really, really embarrassing and uncontrollable for me. I literally scream (shrilly) and lose control of whatever is in my hands. It's a miracle I never dropped a baby!

I have never, ever looked at you and thought you were overweight at ALL. I have always thought you look fabulous. But maybe my opinion doesn't count for much since I lump everybody into the "thinner than I am" category. You look great.

Holly said...

Your #29 really surprised me:o) How funny! I fear something happening to my family while I'm away too. Infact, for awhile I wouldn't go anywhere without all the kids and Damon.
I have never seen you as overweight! Seriously, I think you need a new mirror!
I've always wondered why you never call me...now I know:o)
Have a great week!!! And...call me sometime will ya!?!?

Beth said...

I think I learned the most about you from this blog entry. If it means anything, *I* think you're a good writer. It's what keeps me coming back to your blog. :-)

My greatest fear is that people will think I'm annoying, so I can relate.

Sabine Berlin said...

But you never have to be scared of being the fatter of the two pigs. That position is already taken! :)