Thursday, July 17, 2008

30 of my favorite songs

You are enjoying Alyson King’s ultimate, 30 days of 30 lists with 30 facts about her…

Me on my first birthday, you can't see under the hat, but I was completely bald

How do you only pick 30 songs out of the hundreds that you love? So I finally decided to just pick my top 30 that either have some meaning, some memory attached, or a song I find myself putting on a play mix over and over. I also tried to limit one song per artist I love, even though most artist on here I love tons of their music, so I picked one of my favorite songs by them. (They are in no particular order)

1. “Silent All these Years” Tori Amos
2. “Walking on Air” Kerli
3. “Slow Me Down” Emmy Rossum
4. “Every time” Britney Spears
5. “The Phantom of the Opera” (I know this is a full musical, not necessarily one song, but I could fill up this list if I listed each song individually)
6. “Calling You” Blue October
7. “The Elf Knight” Steeleye Span (couldn't find a youtube video of this song, so I included Steeleye Span's most popular tune, "All Around my Hat"
8. “Window Panes” Karen Gibbs (impossible to find this song anywhere since it was only ever on a record, but it was the first song my Dad recorded with the new digital technology, and I can't hear it without bursting into tears)
9. “The Marvelous Toy” Peter, Paul and Mary
10. “Passion” Utada Hikaru
11. “Bonny Portmore” Loreena Mckennitt
12. “Total Eclipse of the Heart” Bonnie Tyler
13. “Ghost Love Score” Nightwish (check out this song, not only will you here this song, but see several awesome clips of the most amazing TV show Japan has ever done, “Sailor Moon Live Action”
14. “In the End” Linkin Park
15. “Oh Holy Night”
16. “Sono Luminous” Erasure (Mine and Jason’s Song)
17. “Behind the Waterfall” David Lanz
18. “Girlfriend” Avril Lavigne
19. “Love Changes Everything” Michael Ball
20. “Fly” Sarah Brightman
21. “All Love Can Be” Charlotte Church
22. The “ABC song” (it was the first song I ever learned, and one of the most important, how could I be a writer if I didn’t have my ABC’s)Watch this on youtube, it's adorable!
23. “Moonlight Sonata” Beethoven
24. “セーラースターソング” Theme song to Sailor Moon Season 5
25. “Candle on the Water” Pete’s Dragon
26. “The Kind of Love You Never Recover From” Christine Lavin
27. “The Last Unicorn” America
28. “Loved By the Sun” Tangerine Dream
29. “On My Own” Les Miserables
30. “I am a Child of God”

2 comments:

Juliana said...

I don't know a lot of these, but you do have some of my favorites on here. I love Phantom and Moonlight Sonata ... and I looove singing "On My Own." It's one of my favorite songs to belt out while doing dishes!

Sabine Berlin said...

Love your song list. Knew you liked most of these, but a few caught me by surprise.