Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My daydreams

You are enjoying Alyson King’s ultimate, 30 days of 30 lists with 30 facts about her…

7 Years old

These are things I really want, or use to want, or pretend to have, or hope to have someday, but I haven’t had any of them yet. This is why I write, to have the things I can’t have. (Wow, I used have, had, and haven’t six times in one paragraph. See what an awesome writer I am)

1. I use to dream of being a Broadway Star
2. I dream of being a great writer, and on the New York Times bestseller list
3. Sometimes I wish I was single, successful, living in a spotless penthouse apartment in a big city, but then I think about how lonely I would be and I’m really glad I’m a stay-at-home mom.
4. I dream of having my entire house thoroughly deep cleaned
5. I dream of keeping it that way for at least 24 hours
6. I dream of having my own chef that cooks fabulous, healthy meals and cleans up afterwards
7. I wish I had a maid
8. I’ve always wanted to live in a castle with a huge garden in the front
9. I’ve always wanted to have a maze grown out of tall hedges in my backyard.
10. I’ve always wanted to go to a masked ball
11. I want to travel the world.
12. I honestly believe I will get published someday, I feel it deep inside of me.
13. I’ve always wanted two guys to fight over me
14. I’d love to have one of my books made into a movie
15. Sometimes I pretend I’m rich and famous and everyone wants to be my friend.
16. I wish I could talk to animals
17. I wish I could fly
18. I wish I could be a mermaid
19. I wish I could relive high school, knowing then what I know now.
20. Once in a while I wish I was very skinny and incredible beautiful
21. I wish I could pause time to sleep, clean, read books, and watch TV, so I wouldn’t spend time doing those things.
22. I wish I could walk on water
23. I wish I could run as fast as the wind
24. I wish I could give my kids everything they wanted, without spoiling them or going bankrupt
25. I wish I could go to Walt Disney World for two weeks, staying in the most luxurious hotel, and spend oodles of money
26. I also wish I could do more to help people who have no money, or no family
27. I’ve always wanted to win first place in a contest
28. I wish I was an amazing sword fighter, (well, I wish I was a sword fighter, period)
29. I wish I had magic
30. I wish I could clone myself, so I could get more accomplished

3 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

Lots of similarities on my wish list, although I would rather go to space than be a mermaid! :) Go figure!

sonnett said...

So many good daydreams, it reminds me of long recesses in elementary school plotting out the floorplans of our dream mansions in the grassy field. ^_^

Juliana said...

#15 : I want to be your friend. Does that count? :)

#16 : Of course you can talk to animals. But they might not understand or reply! ;)

#20 : I'm stumped. You ARE beautiful. Cross that one off the list!