Thursday, July 31, 2008

30 Things I can do...sort of

You are still enjoying, (or at least tolerating,) Alyson King's ultimate, 30 days of 30 lists of 30 things about her. Don't worry we are now half way through. Wheew!
15 years old. I am the most tan and the skinniest I have ever been in my life. Oh to go back to those days.

Here are some things I can do, some I do ok, some not very well, some are just pathetic attempts. But I like to do them. So if you are ever wondering, gee I wish I know someone that knows how to, say, put up wallpaper, I'm your gal!

1. Write (You probably have figured this one out by now.)

2. Read (It goes with the whole writing thing)

3. Play the Flute (I use to be good, I even gave lessons at one time. Now, well, I kind of suck. Amazing how those talents go away when they're not used. But it's still fun to try it every now and then.)

4. Act (If I hadn't embraced writing and full-time motherhood, acting would have been my next pursuit)

5. Cook (I love cooking, and baking and being in the kitchen around food. It's the cleanup that keeps me from doing it more.)

6. Sing, (I’m horrible, but I still enjoy doing it, as long as there’s no one around)

7. Play the piano (just barely, not well enough to play in any kind of church calling...seriously!)

8. Do stuff on the computer (not sure if that’s a hobby)

9. Plan parties (If I had the budget all my parties would be way over the top. There is no question that I go over with every party I plan.)

10. Decorate for holidays (I love this and don't do it nearly enough, it's so much work to put everything up, pull everything down, and store everything that right now I'm kind of fading on it. But I hope to do it more in the future.)

11. Style hair (I used to style all my friends hair for prom, and even the Drama teacher put me in charge of hair for the musicals and plays. It started because I hated having my mom do my hair so i decided one day I would do my own hair. I used to get really fancy, but now I'm lazy. My kids wont' let me touch their hair so i worry I've forgotten what I knew.)

12. Apply makeup (I've always loved to do makeup, and i wonder where my daughter gets it from

13. Dance (My mother was a dance major in college, and for many years I loved dancing too. Wish i had kept it up, but it's another thing that has fallen by the wayside

14. Be a supportive mother (I try to do this, sometimes I better than at other times, but it's one thing I hope to do well someday.)

15. Be understanding (I think everyone thinks they are understanding, it's something that's hard to do well. I think this is something I'm either good at or terrible at, depending on the day, (or time of the month)

16. See the good in people (My father was amazing at this, and I hope i picked up his ability to always see people for the best they can be)

17. Lead music (It came with playing the flute)

18. Surf the Internet (Yeah, I know, it's a rel talent and I'm awesome at it. I bet I could spend hours at a time doing it, if I had the opportunity)

19. Blog (Ok, I'm not that good at blogging, not like some of you amazing bloggers out there. But I'm still on my learning curve, right?)

20. Wrap presents (This is something I've always loved to do, and I think I was the best at it in my family. That's not saying much, and now that I know my sister-in-law Lindsey, I know I'm not that good. But it is fun for me)

21. Tie bows (I can tie a bow well. Bet you didn't know that. Next time my girls wear a dress to church with a bow that ties in the back, check out the bow. i tied that!)

22. Snuggle with my kids (I snuggle with my kids everyday for at least half an hour. It's my to make sure they each get one-on-one everyday, but it does take a lot of time)

23. Eat sweets, especially if they involve chocolate (this talent has taken me years to get just right, but I still practice as often as possible)

24. Make homemade, pulled candy (My grandma has always made home-made candy at Christmas and so for many years I would go to her house and learn how she does it.)

25. Spend money (Another talent I try to improve every chance I can)

26. Put up wall paper (I'm actually very good at this one, too bad wall-paper isn't in style right now)

27. Balance a book on my head (Ok, now I'm pushing, trying to find things I can do)

28. Smile :)

29. Play “The Legend of Zelda” (I admit it, I love video games!)

30. Do Algebra (I hate math, but for some reason it makes sense to me)

4 comments:

Dani said...

Ever since I met you, I have thought that your make-up always looks so good. I don't think I've ever told you that, but I should have! What is your secret? (Probably just that you have a gorgeous face to put it on!)

Beth said...

You can do my hair any time you want! I like having my hair long but I don't have the time/ desire to do anything else with it besides put it in a pony tail. I like the way I look with fancy done-up hair but I don't like doing it myself.

shauna said...

I remember you doing your hair in the doors- it was always so cute! :)

shauna said...

That should say in the DORMS. My brain moves faster than my fingers sometimes. AH! :) (but it was still always so cute!)