Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A great pair of pants


I love shopping as much as the next girl. Heck, if I could I would look for any opportunity to spend money. Except when it comes to buying pants. Who decided that they needed to make pant shopping some kind of punishment for women? The other day I tried on over 30 pairs of jeans, searching for the perfect pair. They were either too short, too long, too baggy, too tight, gapped in the back, showed my muffin top, or came up to my chest. When I finally found a pair I fell in love with it cost a hefty $118. (the brand was Not Your daughter’s Jeans, tummy tuck. I would recommend them to anyone)

Why can’t inexpensive jeans fit as good as the expensive one. Why???? WHY?

Now I’m on the search for a good pair of slacks, something I could wear to Writing conferences where I will be schmoozing with editors and agents in hopes that I can convince them to buy my book. With three kids it’s been impossible to get out, so I’ve been roaming the internet.

If it’s hard to find a pair at the store it’s even more difficult on the computer. Trying to decipher how high, or how low it looks on the model just doesn’t cut it. Trying to picture my chunky thighs in place of their tiny sleek legs just doesn’t work. I need a virtual dressing room where I can download a picture of myself and try on each pair of pants, where I can clearly see how it will tug, cling, and chaff all through the computer.

Come on people, give us clothes that fit and easy ways to buy them. In the struggling economy where we can only afford buying one pair of jeans every ten years, we need to be making jeans that are awesome, comfortable, stylish and at an unbeatable price. Is that really so much to ask for?

10 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

So did you get the expensive ones? If so, you so need to model them. c'mon.

Anonymous said...

I love Eddie Bauer jeans & slacks. They are made for women not 80 lb girlies
:-) Maurices has some great ones too and are inexpensive!
I am with you on spending that much for clothes! I would rather go out to eat, which doesn't help the pants shopping :-)

J Glazier said...

Jean shopping is a PAIN, it's right up there with swimsuits!

Michelle C. said...

So funny...yet true. One pair of really great jeans is worth the money. Enjoy them!

Dani said...

So funny! I hate shopping for jeans too, and I've ended up hating the last 3 pairs that I've bought out of desperation. I mostly still wear a pair that I bought about 5 years ago! They were a bit more pricey, but worth the investment. I would love to see your new ones!

shauna said...

AH! I feel your pain. I have horrible luck with clothes! Being short doesn't help- that's a whole clothing issue all by itself. No wonder I am living in sweats until August and another school year starts! (plus, I don't miss the ironing AT ALL:)

And I think you need to strike a pose, and post a picture of your great buys! :)

kingwritergirl said...

Don't you guys know, that IS a picture of me modeling my jeans. They fit like a glove, don't they ;)

kingwritergirl said...

btw, I'm just kidding

Beth said...

I am also picky about the jeans I wear. I wear only (ONLY) faded glory jeans in size 8 bootcut style from Wal-mart. At $11, it's the opposite end of the spectrum, price wise. It's gotten to the point where I will refuse to consider other kinds of pants.

"Muffin Top?" Is that what we're calling it, now? tee hee.

Tricia said...

Fashion show... fashion show... fashion show! What a cute blog! I don't even look for the inexpensive ones anymore... I've spent so many hours trying to hide my baby fat that I feel like this: I allowed my body to be stretched beyond recognition (4 times over!) and therefore, I have earned the right to buy jeans that fit my body, even if they're pricey, right?