Wednesday, August 6, 2008

30 facts about my family

Only 10 more lists left!

21 years old. This was taken on my first cruise. (I'm wearing the dress I had my bridesmaids wear. I borrowed it from my sister)

When I think about my family I think of two groups of people: my brothers and sister—and my husband and children. So I did fifteen facts about my family I grew up with and 15 facts about my family I’m living with now.


My brothers and sister.

This is the latest picture taken of my brothers, my sister, me and my mom. It was taken about two weeks ago. Left to Right: Robby. Erin, Tommy,my mother, me, Drew. (btw, Drew's single if anyone is looking. Isn't he a cutie.)

1. I feel smart if I can keep up with the dinner conversations, (they’re always talking about physics, computers, or politics)

2. We are very close, and love getting together.

3. Everyone in my family is very smart, (I feel dumb whenever I’m around them)

4. In 2000, our childhood home of 25 years burned to the ground.

5. Every single one of us had a feeling that someday our house would burn down.

6. I love reading, but I struggle the most with reading in my family. (Everyone else kicks butt!)

7. Growing up, I was the fairest in the family, and use to play it up all the time. Now my youngest brother is the most fair… cruse you Drew!

8. No one in my family skis, does outdoor sports, or watches them on TV. It’s a very un-Ingebretsen thing to do.

9. All of us LOVE to stay up late. We thrive as night owls.

10. We laugh like crazy whenever we are together.

11. We all have big butts.

12. and funny noses.

13. Most of us hate leftovers, (but not all.)

14. All of us know, and miss Bob Parley. She was as much a member of the family as anyone. (Only my brothers and sister, and they’re spouses will understand this comment. Well, I think. I don’t even know if Jason knows the details about Bob Parley.)

15. None of us sing, but we are all musically inclined and can play an instrument.

My family now: A husband, a wife and three crazy kids.


1. All of us love to play video games, especially games that we can do together, (such as Mario Cart, or Wii sports) but we don’t really have much time to spend on this.

2. We are all very emotional. The girls much more so than the boys, but even they have their moments. The girls, (including myself) are pure estrogen when it comes to emotions.

3. All of us love to eat cereal before going to bed.

4. None of us like tomatoes or mushrooms. OK, I admit I have indoctrinated my kids with this belief. Total brainwashing! But I believe someday they will understand)

5. Country music is not allowed in out house.

6. We have never once watched sports on TV. (Well except the Olympics, but even that is limited to Gymnastics, and maybe a little swimming)

7. Everyone in the family knows who Edward Cullen is. (Hyrum is still trying to grasp the concept, but we’re working on it.)

8. We are addicted to YouTube, even my children.

9. My children were shocked to learn that in the “olden days” they didn’t have DVD players. Ouch, am I really that old.

10. All of us LOVE birthdays and CHRISTMAS. (but is that really such a surprise)

11. None of us are good singers.

12. Or good dancers.

13. but that doesn’t stop us from doing both.

14. Our favorite TV channels are Discovery Channel and TLC.

15. We very rarely make our beds (but that’s more my fault, I just don’t see the point when you’re going to mess it back up in a few hours.)

3 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

Alyson, you have told a lie on your 30's list. Shame on you! I know for a fact that your oldest daughter likes mushrooms (or at least claims to and has eaten them at my house on more than one occasion!)

Erin said...

You know what, I don't think I ever had a feeling that our house would burn to the ground. I must have missed that conversation. But I'm kinda oblivious to this stuff as you know. :) I loved reading that, that was so fun! Keep dancing and singing girl! I stink at dancing, but there are few things I love more I think. (You think with mom, we'd have better genes then that, huh!) I LOVE YOU ALY-BALLY!

MOM said...

Hi hon I just got to read your blog about our family, however I do like to go to bed early and did not know about the fire. It's fun to read about all this Love MOM