Friday, August 15, 2008

30! We made it!

My 100th Post!! How cool to have it on my birthday. Seriously, it wasn't even planned.

30 years old. Taken two days ago. I just got my hair cut and I knew it would never look that good again, (since they styled it) so I threw on some jewerly, (which I never wear for fear that my son will break it) and had my mom quickly snap a shot. See how clever I am, I stood behind the chair, allowing it to hide the width of my hips. I'm so smart. :)

Today I am 30. I was struggling so much with the idea of turning 30, but I have to say that making the 30 lists really helped. It made me realize what a wonderful past I've had, it helped me see what an exciting future I have before me, but most importantly it reminded me to live and thrive in the moment.

Thank you to everyone who read all my posts, I commend you for any attempt you made! Thank you for all the comments, and if I offended or hurt anyone in any of my posts, that was never my intentions. Mostly I wanted to capture myself now. I'm not good at journals, and I wanted to have something documented for posterity. You know, so when my great-great-great grandchild has to write a report for school on one of their ancestors, they can pull these up and use it. (Hey if I really ever do have a great-great-great grandchild read this, just know that I think you are awesome for considering me for your school report. Good luck!)

So here is a list of 30 people I tag to make up 30 lists with 30 facts about themselves and 30 pictures...




just kidding


I wouldn't do that to anyone, but I would recommend it to everyone. if nothing else try to find a picture of yourself for each year of your life. Make sure you have a digital, labeled copy of it. That was hard, time consuming, and very worth it! Everyone should do that for themselves and their children too, if you are bored.

But it was surprising to me as I put these lists together, what memories I came across that I had forgotten about, what personality traits I discovered about myself, so I think it was very worth the time for me. If anyone else enjoyed them then that is just AWESOME!

Thank you for sharing with me this monumental birthday. And I really am excited to turn 30 years old today. (I should find out from my mom what time I was born, I think it was around 11:00 am)I hope all of you have a wonderful day, and if today is your birthday, (like, oh say, Maria) then Happy Birthday to you too! (a cool fact about Maria and me, not only do we share the same birthday, but our daughters have the same birthday too. how cool is that!) Oh and happy birthday to everyone out there with August birthdays. And happy birthday to everyone else turning 30 this year. In fact, Happy Birthday to everyone that is having a birthday sometime this year. I hope it's a great one for you!

11 comments:

Tricia said...

Happy, happy birthday, Alyson, dear! *Ü*

Tennille said...

Happy birthday!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy 30th Alyson! Welcome to the Club!!

shauna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEIGHBOR!!!:):):):)
(I'll always think of you as my "neighbor":)

Juliana said...

Yea! We're both 30 now. :) I hope it's a WONDERUL day!

Dani said...

Happy Birthday!! Your lists were fun to read, it was great to get to know more about you. Have a wonderful day!!

Shauna said...

Happy Happy birthday! Great picture. .cute cut. .

Laura Lee said...

Happy Birthday Alyson!! You are the greatest neighbor of 10 years - kind of crazy! You have such a kind and caring personality!!!

Sabine Berlin said...

Hope your day was great. Sorry I didn't blog about you, I was too sick. Hope the candy made up for it. Happy 30th. Your old! I can say that finally!

Anonymous said...

30's are the best! Welcome to them :-)

The Ingebretsen's... said...

Hey Aly, sorry that I am the WORST sister-in-law ever and didnt even say Happy Birthday. I am usually the one that reminds Tom to call as well, so I'm guessing he didn't call. With my brother's wedding I got distracted and... well that's no excuse! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!