Saturday, August 9, 2008

If I were rich

24 years old. Ah, the good old Convergys days.

This is my list of things I would buy if I had more money than Bill Gates. But before you read this list, I want people to know that if I really did have tons and tons of money my first priority would be to give some of it away to help others. I am a huge believer of charity! I have been on both sides, receiving and giving, and I know how small acts have changed my life, and I know the joy that comes from sharing what you have. Most of the things on this list I probably would never really do because I couldn’t justify it.

With that disclaimer in place, it sure is fun to pretend. So here is what I would do if I had buckets of money, and everyone in the world had all their needs and many of their wants taken care of, and I could spend all of this money on myself.

I just don’t want people to think I’m selfish and that I would spend a billion dollars on myself. Come on people, I don’t need a billion dollars. I would be perfectly happy just spending a million on myself! :)

1. I would own my home!

2. I would pay to have a housekeeper come clean my house everyday!

3. I would have a cook, but I would still cook on occasion because I enjoy cooking a lot.

4. I love my house so I don’t think I would move, (unless if I had too many kids filling it up) But I would do several home improvements to it such as:
a. Add a patio
b. Repaint the whole house
c. Get tile everywhere I want
d. Finish off my basement
e. Decorate in high fashion

5. I would have a very lavish garden and hire a gardener to tend it.

6. I would get season tickets on Broadway, and go once a month.

7. I would take my entire family and Jason’s whole family on the Disney cruise for a week and then to Walt Disney World for a week, and pay for everything!

8. I would buy every Barbie doll I’ve ever wanted and have a custom-built display case made to show them off.

9. I would hire a babysitter once a week for a whole day so that I could have the entire day to myself.

10. I would buy clothes whenever I want, even if they weren’t on sale.

11. I would get my hair done once a month, (instead of once every two years, like I do now.)

12. I would go on luxury cruises all around the world.

13. I would buy every book I’ve ever wanted, and everything on my Amazon wish list.

14. I would buy a Honda Odyssey.

15. Anytime something broke I would throw it away and buy a new one, instead of fixing it or trying to reuse it.

16. I would eat out way too much, at restaurants so expensive that they don’t even put the prices on the menu.

17. I would have all my jeans custom fit, so they looked awesome and were comfortable.

18. I would hire a personal trainer and have my own in-house gym… (maybe I would have to buy a bigger home then)

19. I would buy this, just because I could.

20. I would completely spoil my kids and buy them anything they’ve ever wanted. (OK, I wouldn’t really do this because I don’t think it would be good for them, but every now and then I wish I could spoil them rotten and have them still turn out good.)

21. I would get my teeth movie-star perfect.

22. I would buy over-the-top lavish gifts for people at Christmas.

23. I would own one piece of expensive jewelry, (but only one piece because I know if I had more my kids would get into them and ruin them.)

24. I would own one expensive piece of art (When I say expensive I mean something over $1,000. It would scare me to own anything more expensive than that.)

25. I would have a kick-butt food storage and everything would be organized.

26. I would have stained glass windows put in place of my bedroom windows.

27. I would stay in super expensive hotels, in the most lavish room they have.

28. I would buy myself fresh flowers everyday.

29. I would throw the coolest most lavish parties. (These are my dream birthday parties I would give my girls. For Janae I would fly all her guests to California, go to the American Girl Doll Store, buy everyone a doll, an outfit for them and for the doll. Then we would watch a movie and eat in the restaurant. For Sarah I would take all her guest to get their hair, nails and makeup done, take them to each buy whatever dress up they would want and then rent out Hattfieldadelphia, where they have that big castle and let them be princesses for a day.)

30. My whole family would wear custom-made, awesome Halloween costumes every year. (Sounds dumb, but I’ve always wanted to go all out with Halloween, maybe it’s something leftover from my love of playing dress-up when I was younger.

3 comments:

Sabine Berlin said...

I'd buy a house, in this neighborhood.

Dani said...

Fun! I would do some of those same things!

Beth said...

I'd buy 100 acres of forestland and build myself my dream home - the ultimate sanctuary and temple to the Gods of Quiet. Maybe I'd clear a bit of the forestland and get some sheep. I would encourage my children to commune with Nature (insofar as it does not involve getting bitten by rabid chipmunks or snakes)