Friday, August 8, 2008

30 of my favorite TV shows

8/8/08 (What are you doing to rememebr this cool date? I hope you're reading this blog. That would make me feel so awesome!)

23 years old. This picture was taken at my brother, Robby's, wedding.

I don’t really watch that much TV, except for Disney Channel and Nickelodeon, and that’s by default, not by choice. But there are a few shows that have become very near and dear to me. I also added a few shows from my childhood. Which ones do you love? (as I made up this list I actually realized I watch way more TV than I thought I did. I know—pathetic.)

1. Sailor Moon (Season Five is the best, but all five seasons are wonderful. But you need to watch it in Japanese. The English version is just plain cheesy. Endearing, but cheesy.)If no one else at least Sonnett and Sabine have to look at how cute this site is!

2. Sailor Moon Live action (hands down my favorite TV show of all-time.)

3. Ghost Hunters (So creepy and cool all at the same time)

4. What not to Wear (Who doesn’t want a personal shopping trip with Stacey and Clinton, but until I get nominated, at least we have Laura Lee living in the neighborhood. She is easily as fashion savvy!)

5. Myth Busters (A learning show that’s hilarious, and you’d be surprised how much information I glean from these guys.)

6. How It’s Made (This has become a family favorite, we sit around learning how they make everything from golf balls to gummy worms.)

7. Iron Chef (I fell in love with the Japanese version years ago, and when they first introduced it to America it was a joke. Now, with the help of Mark Dacascos as the Chairman, a sassy chef like Bobby Flay, and a witty host like Alton Brown, it has become as fun to watch as the Japanese version. Although I do miss the great English dubbing.)

8. It Takes a Thief (Who would have thought to make a show documenting men breaking into your home. But it’s awesome to learn the way a thief might think.)

9. Kim Possible (I don’t know why, but I think this cartoon rocks!)

10. The Simpsons (I grew up on this, and something comforting overcomes me when I hear the theme song. Though I haven’t watched it in years, I still laugh thinking about my favorite episodes.)

11. Wheel of Fortune (Loved watching this as a kid, and trying to figure out the words)

12. Who’s the Boss (I think I was in love with Tony, and who doesn’t want an in-house cook and cleaner who’s hot and has an accent)

13. Gummi Bears (I would rush home from school every day in order to be on time to watch this cartoon.)

14. She-Ra (A kick-butt sword woman living in a fantasy setting who is also a princess! and she has a horse that turns into a flying unicorn. What’s not to love? This is probably the basis for most of my books.)

15. Jem and the Holograms (I’m still waiting for them to make a movie of this one. I love that everyone has every color of hair, except for a shade that is realistic.)

16. Lady Lovely Locks (About a girl who had magical power in her long, long colorful hair. Sweet!)

17. The Smurfs (I have never been so dedicated to a Saturday morning cartoon as I was to this one. I was heart broken when they took it away. It was a smurfing good show.)

18. Between the Lions (This show is so clever that even I get sucked into watching it with the kids.)

19. Full House (I have a hard time watching the reruns, but I sure loved it years ago.)

20. The Twilight Zone (I love the original black and white, not the new ones. They are so creepy and well done, I still love watching them late at night.)

21. The Polka dot Door (Did anyone else grow up watching this preschooler show? It was my passion when I was three years old.)

22. Strawberry Shortcake (The original. I’m not too big on the new version. But the original is near and dear to my heart.)

23. Saved by the Bell (I laugh just thinking of the title. Oh Zack! I was so in love with you.)

24. Property Ladder (Love watching people make housing mistakes, because I know I would probably do the exact same thing)

25. Avatar, the last air bender. (This is just a great cartoon with kick-butt super powers. I wish I could live in the world with Aang. Who knew an American cartoon could be so cool?)

26. Ace of Cakes (This guy is hilarious, and he makes awesome cakes too.)

27. Jon and Kate plus Eight (This makes me realize just how easy it is to have only three kids.)

28. A Haunting (Shown on Discovery each day it tells stories of true ghost hauntings throughout the years. Kind of theatrical, but still fun to watch.)

29. Cash Cab (The coolest game show on TV!! You get a free cab ride AND can earn money.)

30. Good Eats (I think Alton Brown reminds me a Jason, except Jason doesn't cook-at all. But they are both a little ADHD. That's why I like both of them!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are addicted to Jon and Kate at our house!! I think Alexis is Syd's long lost (other) twin :-)
I am loving your lists!

J Glazier said...

Love your lists! 8/8/08 is Collins LUCKY birthday today :)Celebrating

kingwritergirl said...

What an awesome day to have a birthday!

Propietor, Aviator's Place said...

I love Sailor Moon! That web site rocked!